Facebook has a variety of games available, most of which are either massively multiplayer social games that allow a level of connectivity between friends or highly addicting casual games that keep players hooked with simple game play and a seemingly never-ending goal to encourage replay ability as players try to beat their friends (or often their own) high scores. This list shows the top ten games that are available at the moment.
10. Bejeweled(PopCap Games) – An old favourite, Bejewled sees players matching colors in an attempt to clear a board. While Tetris used to rule the puzzle roost Bejeweled has definitely made its mark and this game will have you attempting to break hi-scores until your thumbs wear out. The game also contains a built-in leader board where players can compare scores and try to become the highest ranked player on their friends list.
9.Robot Unicorn Attack (Spiritonin Media Games) – If you wanted a bit of surreal but highly addictive game play than look no further. As a platforming side-scrolling game the concept is simple but will soon have you wearing out your fingers as you keep the unicorn running along the increasingly fast stage and prolong falling off the stage while also dodging crystal stars. Combine this with some disturbingly catchy music and you have yourself a winner!
8.Treasure Isle (Zynga) – Taking the harvesting aspects of FarmVille and combining it with a more adventurous take on the formula, Treasure Isle puts you in the boots of an explorer hunting for buried treasure across a number of tropical islands. Players will see themselves buying tools, planting various crops such as Gem Trees and find as much treasure as possible.
7.Pet Society (Playfish) – A hugely popular Facebook game, Pet Society sees player’s custom design their pet, choosing from a variety of colors, genders and species as well as features such as noses, eyes and mouth. Players can then interact with their pet in a variety of ways, including washing or feeding it. Pets can also interact with each other when two friends connect via facebook, with one pet able to perform the same activities to the other.
6. FrontierVille (Zynga) – Hugely similar to FarmVille, FrontierVille (as the name suggests) requires players take on the role of a pioneer in the Old West. The player goes through a variety of tasks such as clearing forests, gathering money and raising livestock as they make a living. Additionally players can complete ‘collections’ which reward them with craftable items, money and experience points that allow the player to level up. Eventually the player may even marry a spouse and raise children, giving an almost ‘Sims’ like experience in the Old West.
5. Café World (Zynga) – Another simulation similar in design to Restaurant City, Café World allows players to design a restaurant (or should I say Café) and sell an absolutely gargantuan amount of different virtual food while simultaneously expanding their business. Players can also hire friends to help out around their restaurant utilizing the social aspect of Facebook.
4. Texas HoldEm Poker (Zynga) – Also known as Zynga Poker the game currently has over 36 million active players and allows players to simulate playing poker in a social environment. Players join a ‘casino lobby’ and can join a variety of poker tables or play with friends. Although no real money is exchanged there is a leader board that shows chip rankings in the lobby.
3. Mafia Wars (Zynga) – Mafia Wars is a multiplayer social networking game where players take on the role of a gangster building their own mafia. Players can travel to a variety of ‘countries’ and do jobs to earn money which in turn can help them advance their criminal empire. These jobs are generally limited by 3 timers, energy (which players need to do jobs), health and stamina which play a part in combat which often results in earning more money from other mafias. Additionally players can invite their Facebook friends to join their mafia often offering a host of benefits.
2. CityVille (Zynga) – A casual city building simulation, players build a city by developing farmland, constructing buildings and collecting rent. Furthermore players will attempt to finish goals that are available in the top left of the screen. CityVille essentially plays very similarly to SimCity but with the addictive nature of FarmVille along with all the social features that Facebook brings, allowing players to visit other friend’s cities and take part in jobs to help them out.
1.FarmVille (Zynga) –Possibly the biggest Facebook game of all time, Farmville gives players an empty farm and tells them to grow crops, gather livestock and essentially create the best possible farm they can. Emulating games such as Farm Town and Harvest Moon Farmville has a huge following and allows players to connect via Facebook by visiting each other’s farms and helping out with jobs.
No related posts.